If you have a business you need a business account on Pinterest - without a doubt!
There are over 100 million users on Pinterest - are you getting your business in front of them?
The video below shows how to set up your basic account and create your first board. If you already have an account with Pinterest then skip to the next section.
So why have a business account instead of just using a personal account on Pinterest?
If you have not yet set up a business account you can go here and convert your personal account to a business account.
Pinterest tools available exclusively for business accounts like Pinterest Analytics, Promoted Pins and Rich Pins to name just a few, make it even easier for businesses to get the most out of this platform.
How to Effectively Set Up your Pinterest Profile #pixel26dotcom #pinterestforbusiness
There are important aspects of a Pinterest profile that so many users miss when they begin their Pinterest journey. You can easily optimize your profile by following the steps outlined below. I colored coded the items to coincide with the image below.
- Business Name - This is what sits at the top of your profile so make it bold! You can use your business name or your own name, but add a little extra so people know what type of account they are looking at. If you enjoy surfing, you could add "hang ten," or if you are a dog trainer, you could add "dog whisperer," or if you specialize in messages, how about "message specialist?" Add it right after your name, but remember there are a limited number of characters allowed.
- Profile Image - be sure to use an actual photo instead of a logo here. People like to see who they are doing business with. Make sure it is a recognizable photo and is not pixelated or blurry. Try to use it on other social platforms as well, so your followers will instantly know its you.
- User Name - Your user name is how users will find you on Pinterest. You are given your own Pinterest URL address, as well. So typing in Pinterest.com/superveganmom into an URL address will send you to the SuperVeganMom account illustrated below. Your user name does not have to be the same as your business name. In addition, you can change your user name at any time to anything you prefer, as long as another user has not already taken the name.
- Keywords - In your description, make sure to include relevant keywords for your niche that will make it easy for new followers to find you and don't forget the all important call to action. Ask for them to follow you, direct them to your website or a landing page, or to connect on another platform, but ask your visitors to do something.
- Website - Your website is another very important part to your Pinterest Profile, you will need to add it at the website field and then verify it in order for your analytics to work properly. I will go over the steps to verifying your site in a later post.
So how did you do? Do you have all the items optimized on your profile now? Great Job!! Are you thirsty for more Pinterest for Business tips...stay tuned there is more to come.
Pin It and Share the love!
The Pinterest for Business Series is designed to give you a ton of tools to get your business ready for Pinterest. Check out the other posts in the series.
IS THERE SOMETHING I MISSED? HAVE QUESTIONS?
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.